Sunday 14 March 2010

Fun at 40

Feeling a bit delicate this morning as it was my fabulous friend Paula's 40th birthday last night and we went out for dinner, with a few bottles of pink wine involved, of course ;). It was something of an adventure - all I will say is it took four hours to eat a two course meal! Times like this I so wish I lived in the States; those guys know how to do service. Anyway, I digress. I am logging on to share the card I made for Paula's big day.

Paula likes a bit of pink and is also quite partial to a cupcake so I thought my Hero Arts cupcake stamps would fit the bill. The large scallop is actually a badge. I backed a Nestie die cut with chipboard and added a brooch back to make it wearable. I glued a piece of felt to the card underneath so the badge can be taken off to be worn and then returned to the card to display it. I was quite pleased with this nifty little idea if I do say so myself!

To do the inking around the edge of the Nestie I just used a circular mask.

I'm entering this for Gingersnaps Birthday challenge as it's obviously a birthday card!

Here's Paula wearing my creation! She is so going to kill me for blogging that.

3 comments:

  1. How very fun! What a neat idea to make the badge detachable! I love the frosting on the cupcake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...when she sees that...you're a gonna for sure!! lol

    it was a super night tho, eh? and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, you are in sooooooooooo much trouble,
    I might let you off as it was such a fabulous card and presi's;)

    ReplyDelete