Wednesday 28 April 2010

Gingersnaps - Kraft challenge

Morning all!
It's Gingersnaps challenge day again - today the challenge is Kraft. Easy peasy for me, one of my favourite and most used colours.

I chose to make a mini album - I think Kraft is a perfect colour for seaside-themed creations. This 6x6 mini album will hold images of my holiday in Cape Cod. Confession time - I had planned to do a layout to show you here but I didn't get time....). I do wish life wouldn't get in the way of crafting - it's very inconvenient!!!

Here's how I made it:

Materials...
Card: Chipboard or mountboard sheet; Kraft cardstock; Blue Core'dinations cardstock; brown Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants (swirls); ISC Picturesque (main image); Crafty Individuals (birds and small shell); Stampington Shore Cliff Elements (shell and starfish)
Inks: black Archival; Distress Broken China, Antique Linen, Faded Jeans; Memento Desert Sand, New Sprout; Versamark
Edge distresser and sandpaper
Chalk (Pebbles Inc)
Twine
Thickers letters
Distress Stickles: Antique Linen

1 Cut two covers from chipboard 6 1/2", cover with brown cardstock front and back.
2 Cut a piece of Kraft card 6" square and stamp with the flourishes (Fancy Pants) in Versamark, chalk over the Versamark in a tan coloured chalk. Distress edges. Cut a mat for this in sanded Core'dinations card and distress the edges of this too.
3 Stamp the Picturesque scene and colour with inks and a water brush. Stamp the birds at the top of the scene. Distress and add to the Kraft panel.
4 Stamp shells onto Kraft card, cut out and cover with Distress Stickles. When dry add using Silicone glue to get shape and dimension.
5 Assemble, adding with twine and letters. Punch holes for book rings. Decorate the inside covers with a stamped Kraft panel as created for the front. The pages inside are 6x6" Kraft card.
That's it - nice and simple :). Do go along to Gingersnaps and join the challenge!

Thanks for popping in!
Katy

4 comments:

  1. I really love this Kate, its totally magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol those stamps are fabby...and i love how you've used them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make Katy, the image works perfectly. I love kraft too. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini album! One of my fav places and the Cape and kraft/sand certainly go together! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete