Friday 30 April 2010

Hippity Hoppity...

...it’s the Banana Frog blog hop! I hope you are enjoying the ‘spring’ themed creations? I decided that the obvious choice of subject matter to represent spring was flowers. I’d been meaning to scrap this photo of my beloved dog for ages – I just love how it appears for all the world like he’s leaning in to smell the flowers!

Banana Frog stamps I used were: Super Dreamy (flowers); Teen Tiny (small letters); Butterflies & Swirls
Other items: Versamagic inks Perfect Plumeria and Spring Pansy; Memento Ink Sweet Plum; purple scrapbook paper (unknown); Basic Grey Eva scrapbook paper; green card; white card; seed beads; brads; Diamond Stickles; chipboard letters; leaf frond stamp; black pen

This is how I made the layout:
1) Stamp multiple flowers – stamp some of the solid flower in a mix of the two Versamagic inks and some in Perfect Plumeria. Stamp the open flower onto Eva patterned paper. Stamp leafy frond onto green card. Cut out.
2) Add glitter glue to brads and when dry place in the solid flower centres. Add seed beads to the centre of the open flowers.
3) Cut a piece of purple paper and stamp all around with a swirl (Butterflies & Swirls) in Plum ink.
4) Doodle all around the edge of a sheet of white card with a black pen. In places, stamp the tiny flower stamp in Perfect Plumeria.
5) Stamp and layer a butterfly and decorate with glitter glue.
6) Assemble all the bits and bobs as shown, adding a title made from stamped Teen Tiny letters and chipboard letters.
I am also trying to get into the habit of using up my scraps, so when I had finished the layout I used the leftovers to make some cards and a tag. I originally had more flowers on the layout (I took them off as it looked too busy) so I had some blooms left to play with. I also originally cut the circle at the top from a different paper but decided I didn’t like it. So these items are just made from those discarded pieces - they are really simple but better than throwing those scraps in a drawer never to see the light of day again!

Your next stop on the hop is Nat - enjoy!

25 comments:

  1. gorgeous layout and a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours!!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just fabulous Katy. Love the colours, so fresh and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, and gorgeous colours. Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv how you used the flowers here! Lovely LO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOh I love the colours that you've used and the layout of your page is just brilliant. He's a gorgeous boy then!!!!!!;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout and cards, and a tag too. Very productive use of all your leftovers. Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff! Love the colours, so inspiring. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, love the layout, love the cards and love the dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! Love the flowers on the layout, they just make the whole thing come right off the page. Love it! The cards and tag are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Katy simple stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous LO - so pretty! And gorgeous dog - of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All those lovely flowers! I really love the LO, its fantastic! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! the SB L/O is stunning and your cards are beautiful...I am following so I have you to inspire me, and I love that you give How-to's!!
    Thanks, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is stunning will be scraplifting for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so want that flower stampset! Your page is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous page and beautiful cards - I love how you have used the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh you're getting quite good, hon ;0) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of these !!! great work Katy!
    and well done on using the scrap
    hugs,
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowzers! What gorgeous pieces! You have a knack with effective use of white space! Fab design!

    ReplyDelete