Today's make for Rubber Dance is just a quick one but it has a short story behind it. A while ago I made an altered book (below) for Unruly Paperarts and as it was quite a complex project I ended up with quite a few elements which were spares or rejects along the way.
Sometimes when I finish a larger project I challenge myself to use up what's left on my desk to create another item - I can't bring myself to throw these bits away but if I don't use them while they are still to hand the chances are I won't use them at all. This tag is the outcome of one such challenge.
The background on my tag is made from the pieces I cut out of the book to make the niche, simply collaged into place. The main leftover element is the Da Vinci image - I'd originally stamped her on vellum and coloured the reverse with markers but in the end I decided on a paper version for my book, leaving the vellum one spare to adorn my tag.
Just a tiny insight into my creative process!
See you soon,
I used these gorgeous Rubber Dance stamps for my tag: