Saturday 12 December 2015

Doorway to Narnia


If you've seen the January issue of Craft Stamper magazine, you may have spotted an appearance from me, with a make for the challenge featuring Art Room chipboard kits from Tando Creative (p32). Sadly. the photo in the magazine didn't really show all the details of my piece and seeing as it took me nearly two days to make (!), Trish agreed that I could share it here on my blog too.


As a child, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was one of my favourite books - so much so that I read my copy so many times it literally fell apart. My Craft Stamper project is a homage to the magical place behind the wardrobe doors. complete with iconic lamppost and Mr Tumnus sheltering under his umbrella.


I added lots and lot of layers inside the Art Room using a variety of die cuts by Tim Holtz for Sizzix, all covered with 'snow' created with modelling paste and Glamour Dust glitter. The exterior and doors are simply stamped with a big Tim Holtz woodgrain background.

I loved making this and hope you've enjoyed having a closer look :).

Katy xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! So many cool, little details. Thanks for sharing & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I'm not getting your feed...darn it! LOVE this project! Gorgeous scene!!! I LOVE that book and the movie, and you've nailed it!!!Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete