Monday 4 April 2016

Shine!


Today's my Visible Image DT day and I've created a clean, fresh card using the Shine Bright stamp set.


I've used simple masking to make one bulb the focal point on my card - the images at the back are stamped in grey to make the focal image pop even more. After stamping the greeting, I drew the cords on the bulbs by hand using a black marker pen.

The bulb is coloured with three shades of Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey, getting darker in tone towards the outside. The ink is applied and blended with a wet paintbrush. I also highlighted the greeting with a quick wash of Mustard Seed ink.

I think this card is suitable for any kind of occasion where someone has made an achievement - a new job, graduation or even overcoming an obstacle in their life. This stamp is also great as it's totally gender neutral.

Hope you've enjoyed today's make - see you very soon :).

Katy x


1 comment: